Reports to: CEO/President Green Door Initiative
Classification: Full-time, benefits, (salary)
Date: March 13, 2023 Approved: Donele Wilkins, CEO/President
Green Door Initiative is an internationally known non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that every person is environmentally literate, capable of practicing and promoting sustainability as a lifestyle. Our work includes advocacy in the areas of climate justice, environmental health, access to safe drinking water, job training and civic engagement. If you are looking for a place to work where your role is impactful, your colleagues are collaborative, your ideas welcomed, and the culture is warm and inviting then apply to join our team.
The Administrative Assistant will provide high level day-to-day general and advanced administrative and secretarial support to the CEO. The ideal candidate should possess the ability to be proactive and manage multiple tasks including a professional calendar and meeting schedule as well as team member projects and important deadlines. Exemplary organizational skills along with experience working with executive level leaders is a must.
- Write and edit emails, memorandums and reports on behalf of the CEO.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and other correspondence.
- Must possess a high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Coordinate travel plans for the CEO.
- Maintain Excel spreadsheet of travel expenses and other important items.
- Monitor and report regulatory deadlines for timely submissions.
- Answer and screen phone calls to ensure that messages are delivered appropriately.
- Print CEO’s calendar daily and monitor for hour-to-hour changes.
- Schedule meetings and appointments.
- Prepare copies and other general office duties.
- Assist with coordinating staff retreats and outings.
- Assist with new employee onboarding.
- Work closely with Program Assistant to help coordinate community outreach activities and events.
- Attend off-site programs as assigned.
- Prepare flyers for department programs and other activities.
- Knowledge of online tools such as MS Teams, MS Office 365 and other productivity tools.
- Conduct research on various issues.
- Monitor various forms of media to keep apprised of industry updates.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Comprehensive note taking skills.
- Results orientated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Additional duties as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, communications or a related field preferred. Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree. Administrative Assistant certification is a plus.
EXPERIENCE: 2-3+ years of experience working as an administrative assistant in a high-paced environment.
COMMUNICATIONS: An individual who can speak on behalf of the CEO to high level stakeholders, board members as well as the public when needed. Motivated by supporting others, displays enthusiasm and a positive outlook. A professional demeanor is always expected.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to analyze and solve problems in the absence of the CEO. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive matters with confidentially and a high level of integrity.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Dedicated to providing outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers while representing the CEO.
ORGANIZED: Plans and prioritizes work activities with an effective use of time. Ability to work in a fast- paced environment and manage multiple projects at once.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient in the use on the Internet and of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
INITIATIVE: Ability to work independently with or without supervision. Ability to work well with team members and foster positive relationships. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Must be presently authorized to work full-time in the United States. Must have a Michigan driver’s license or state identification card.
This team member may work independently or as a part of a team under the direction or the CEO or her designee.
This position may require management of other assistants and/or interns and volunteers.